- 1,000mg of l-leucine per tablet
- The "anabolic" amino acid par excellence, the most important of the three branched chain (BCAA)
- Promotes protein synthesis
- Helps counteract muscle catabolism
- Free Shipping: for orders over €69.00
- Secure Payments: data encrypted with SSL certificate
- Flash Shipping: in 24 hours if you order before 12 AM
The branched-chain amino acids (BCAA), leucine, valine and isoleucine, belong to the group of essential amino acids, i.e. those "building blocks" derived from proteins, which are not produced by our body and therefore we must introduce them with the diet. Years ago it was thought that all three branches had the same function, but the growing literature has revealed that leucine alone is already autonomously powerful in activating protein synthesis, administered in an intake of about 3-4 grams.
Leucine of the three branched chain amino acids (BCAA), "the queen of amino acids" is the main "key" amino acid involved in muscle protein synthesis capable of directly activating the "mTOR" enzymatic pathway which stimulates protein synthesis and counteracts muscle catabolism. Several scientific studies have clearly demonstrated the "anabolic" effect of leucine, of these, one study in particular (Pasiakos et al,) demonstrated that taking leucine immediately after training increased muscle protein synthesis by about 33%, favoring an insulogenic effect. Yes, because the "queen of amino acids" not only affects protein synthesis, but also acts on improving glucose tolerance and insulin resistance on adipocytes, thanks to greater efficiency and improved signaling and insulin secretion in the pancreas.